Whether you want to relax or relieve pain, you have to know that there is an accessible alternative that you can consider. If you do not want to make frequent trips to a massage therapist, it is prudent to consider massage chairs. Massage chairs are designed to imitate the moves and techniques of massage therapists.
If you want to buy a massage chair, there is no standard price level. The prices can range from 700 to 15,000 dollars depending on the features. In the past though, higher price correlates with higher quality and better features. This is not the case today. You can find better models at lower prices. The trick here is to do your research to make an informed decision. As a start, you can read massage chair reviews.
Aside from the reviews, you have to consider the following factors when looking for a massage chair:
1. Basic comfort: It is important that you get the feel of the chair before actually buying it. Sit down and thoroughly feel it. Remember that there are chairs with better contour, which can fit your need and shape. Find this chair and you will find your match.
2. Massage strength: Another factor to consider is the strength of the massage or its intensity. You have to ensure that the intensity is appropriate for better results. If you want a vigorous massage, look for a chair with good components to facilitate strong movements. If you want a less intense massage, look for chairs with smaller rollers and nodes.
3. Adjustability of the chair: Every chair has this adjustability program. The programs are already set – it is just a matter of choosing the right one. There are chairs that have set adjustability that can tackle specific problem area like the back while there are others that offer customisable programs. It is best to choose a chair with a wide range of adjustability. This will be useful for multiple users.
4. Chair accessories: Many massage chair manufacturers offer different accessories for their users. This is their way of enticing more customers. When you are deciding, make sure that the accessories fit your needs and comfort. Massage chair accessories include leg-rest extensions or ottoman chairs.
5. Aesthetic: Although function should outweigh the appearance, there is nothing wrong if you consider a massage chair based on its look. You will feel good using it if it looks aesthetically pleasing. Massage chairs come in many shapes and sizes. The materials used also matter like leather, polished wood, plastic, synthetic leather and combinations of other materials and fabrics.
6. Company profile: To be sure of the quality you are buying, you have to consider the company profile of the manufacturer. You cannot go wrong with reputable brands. Beware of chairs without brand names that are offering outrageously low prices. It seems fishy if it is too good to be true. As mentioned earlier, massage chairs can be expensive.
7. Warranty: Wise consumers always check the warranty. The warranty should be in fine print so you can read it properly. If you bought an expensive chair, you have to be secured so it is not a waste of money at the end of the day. If it suddenly breaks down and dies, you have a warranty to fall back.